Call Us Now » (817) 453-5858
- Brotherhood: GB Instructors shall reinforce the family spirit among students, parents, and other instructors. Their attitude must always be positive and cooperative in order to channel their creative energy towards the strengthen and the growth our family, always putting the team in front of individual selfish needs.
- Cooperation: GB Instructors shall nurture and reinforce a cooperative environment inside and outside the dojo. They must ensure that the competitive realm is restricted to tournaments as well as the competitor attitude. They must make the students understand that progress is not reflected on their ability to overcome a training partner or an competitive opponent, but rather reflected on their capacity to engage on a cooperative training experience were the winner is whoever learns more.
- Discipline: GB Instructors shall constantly discipline the students and never punish them. They must make students understand that without discipline there is no mastery, neither in jiu-jitsu nor in life, and that without the willingness to sacrifice, excellence is just not possible.
- Respect: GB Instructors shall reinforce that students must act with warmth and equally toward one another, regardless of their differences in race, creed, gender, nationality, etc. The belt ranks hierarchy must be respected and the authority of the black belt sincerely recognized.
- Continuous Improvement and Growth: GB Instructors shall reinforce that Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a life long journey with no ending point. Students must perceive the Black Belt as their minimum goal and that their progress represents an increasing commitment to their growth as BJJ practitioners and human beings.
- Leadership: GB Instructors shall lead by example, kindness and care. The formal authority shall always and ever be supported by their moral authority built upon a positive, cooperative, and constructive attitude towards the students and other instructors.
- Inspiration: GB Instructors shall understand their importance on students lives as role models, as well as their responsibility in bringing out the best each person has within.
- Enjoyment: GB Instructors shall teach a class as a privilege and never take it as a burden. Each class is the realization of a dream, the instructor life’s work. They must enjoy every minute of it and teach like it was going to be their last opportunity to change students lives for better.